Decorations of the Palmach
Source of all pictures: Igor Ostapenko
 
The Palmach Badge

The badge was worn on the left uniform pocket.

The Palmach was dismantled November 7, 1948. This website does in principal not deal with badges of army units; however we present the Palmach badge here because it became a clasp on the War of Independence ribbon. In 1968 this combination was replaced by the Decoration of State Warriors.

Look here for some pictures of people wearing the badge.

 

Versions of the Palmach badge:
 

 

 
 

War of Independence Ribbon with Palmach clasp at left side

 
Medal for the soldiers of the Palmach Brigade "HaPortsim" - opening the road to Jerusalem. This medal may have been a transformed badge.
   

Medal for the soldiers of the second Palmach Brigade

click to enlarge

 
 

Medal for the Harel Brigade